Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What was I thinking???

So I had to wait a whole year before those 2 little goats would kid and produce some milk???Where was my head? I had been having stomach trouble again and in the past the goat milk had always helped. So back to Craigs*list...
That's when Greta came to live here...
And then there were three!!
Doesn't she have a sweet face?? If I saved her milk for a few days
 
I could make cheese....
and yogurt..... Yumm!!
 
 
Again, I went back to C*L .....
....and brought home Heidi (the one in the middle).
She has a real Alpine temperament,
 but I love her anyway.
She is a beautiful cinnamon brown color and white.
 
So, 2 milkers, 2 kids, and that is the extent of my herd( other than the buck which my friend and I bought together and will share) Jack's picture will be posted soon.
 Meanwhile, Daughter #2 and her hubby came over and trimmed up these pine trees for me so the ground in front of the barn would dry up and I could see the barn from the house
There is a little door up top where hay can be put in the loft. It should hold at least 80 bales of hay.
 Front and left side of barn.

And the saga continues....
Thanks for stopping in!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Love seeing your lovely place and hearing your adventures. I admire you!!!

Vickie said...

Me, too, Sunny! I'm enjoying this, too - I doubt I'll have goats at this point, so I'll just enjoy yours! Hope that goats milk helps your tummy troubles!

Cute goats, Sunny!!

JO said...

I too am enjoying your place. The goats are sooo cute and will pay for themselves with the milk and all the products you can make with it.

Teri said...

Sunny!
So glad to see you back into farm life again and getting dirty.
Hope life in PA. is going well for you ... Take care my friend!
Teri

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a pretty place! I hope the goats milk helps you. I have always wanted to get goats, but have not as of yet. Will enjoy reading about your journey with them!

TexCyn said...

OH, I see you are putting those buildings to good use now. Be careful, you might fall into "show goats" again! They are all so cute.