Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fall Firewood - a Good Time of Year


One of my favorite activities on our homestead/farm is bringing in firewood. Hubby and I get to do this together, at least part of the time.






This day about 3 wks ago was a beautiful day, 50-some degrees, just right for the task.





The sun was shining through the leaves, making the colors glow!




Reds, yellows, greens!







And there's my sweet hard-workin' Hubby,



He cuts and splits the wood...




My job is loading it on the truck (of course, he helps me with that, too :) ) and stacking the wood in the carport. I love stacking wood! (I think I told you that last year...) Did I mention that I love stacking wood????


And did I mention the fact that we heat almost exclusively with our wood cook-stove??, saving many $$'s. There is a picture on my side-bar of my stove. When I have time I comment there what I am cooking that day. Today happens to be lentil soup and whole-wheat rolls w/homemade strawberry jam. We will have pumpkin pudding for dessert.

7 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonerful country activities - and your dinner sounds fabulous.

Susan said...

What a wonderful feeling that has to be.

Tina. said...

looks like an absolutely lovely day, glad you enjoyed it!

Jen said...

Beautiful nature pics. Nice chore for you all to do together and a great way to save money :)

Lorie said...

Ha! I love stacking wood too. Just sure why, but just it. This year husband and son took care of it all and I did not stack one single piece. :( Guess I was just too busy putting the garden to bed for the winter.

Just love the adorable little gift for you grandbaby. She will look so cute in it and surly be toasty warm.

Rose said...

Georgeous pictures of the fall season there,and also looks like a job well done...!

Julie Fukuda said...

Interesting variety of woods. You shouldn't flash that pile in front of a woodcarver ... not that I need another project.