Saturday, October 17, 2009

Re-visiting Nutrition

I think it is good from time to time to do a check-up on the foods we are taking in, at least for us. It is easy to slip back into " it tastes good so I'll get it , just for a treat". Since I am packing hubby's lunch once again, it has become too easy to pick up bags of chips at the grocery store to include in his lunch. Not only is that expensive but has no nutritional value. I usually pack a good sandwich on whole-grain bread, a fruit of some kind, or cottage cheese and fruit, and a couple homemade cookies or pie.



I decided to make my own trail-mix with items I had picked up at the bulk foods store. It contains a pretzel mix, dried pineapple, apricots, cranberries, raisins, cashews, and a few dark chocolate chips. I would have put in brazil nuts if I'd had any, and some pumpkin seeds. Maybe next trip.

Those of you that pack lunches, what do you add for a nutritional snack?

1 comment:

Rose said...

OOH that looks good!! I don't pack a lunch anymore since I'm not working outside the house anymore, but probably never did too much healthy besides fruit... ;-)