Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yesterday was "the" big day! On November 4th, we celebrated 30 yrs of wedded bliss! ....... along with tears and laughter, through hard times and good times, struggling and enjoying life together.
If asked to descibe our life in few words it would be, "A Wonderful Adventure". My husband is not only my life companion, but also my very best friend, encourager, and supporter. He has encouraged me to never be afraid to try a new venture.
He had asked me a few days ago what I would like for our anniversary. I told him I would like him to write me a poem, ........and smiling I added, "to post on my blog".
Low and behold the next morning when I got up there was an envelope on the dining room table addressed to me. He had written it in the wee hours of the morning...... I opened it ;
(my name)
This thing you ask Is a really big task.
I am not a poet But you already know it.
I need to rhyme These words of mine,
To say with heart When we are apart,
"Come back to me And you will see
Tried and true, I love you."
I want today's post to be a tribute to my wonderful husband!

No comments: