Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh ....... my favorite time of year.

......... Now I get to take the vase of wild sweetpeas off the wood cookstove and fire it up!

I love the smell of wood-smoke outdoors as I walk in the yard in the cool mornings, look at the changing colors in the trees, and make my way to the barn to check and feed our rabbits.
Our firewood is cut (at least enough for a good start) and stacked in the carport. I have always loved stacking firewood. There is a sort of art to it; stacking each piece just so it all fits together nice and straight.
But the best is eating the food cooked on top the woodstove, and home-made-from-scratch-bread straight from its oven! And yes, you can also make pizza in this oven, and it does a great job of popping corn in the black iron skillet on top as well!

No comments: