Saturday, October 18, 2014

Getting Ready

Short post here to let you know I will be on hiatus from the homestead for a few weeks as I travel to visit with 2 of my daughters and families in the south. Hens are temporarily housed at a "foster home" until I get back. (And just to let you know, all the baby chicks of Aunt Emma's survived except one.) Izzy and I are looking forward to a vacation again. We would have left before now, however a few "kinks" appeared and that has been holding us up. I will be posting back on "Changing Lanes" in the meantime. At some point I would like to combine my 2 blogs, but not sure how to do it.
I have had help lined up 2 times to get my garden beds filled and it wasn't followed through for one reason or another. Hopefully I will get rested up, and not go through another spell of arthritis like I did last winter in this "frigid Pennsylvania tundra", and be able to tackle it in the spring. I already have 4 forms built, 5 yds of garden dirt, and my organic seeds. My by-then 3yo asparagus should be producing rather well, and I will be looking forward to the first of the blueberries on my bushes.
If it just wasn't so danged cold here......
 
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog; I hope you can come back to it, soon!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or
blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.

Studying this information So i am satisfied to show that I've a very just
right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed.
I most undoubtedly will make sure to don?t omit this web site and give it a glance regularly.

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and check
again here frequently. I am quite certain I'll learn a lot of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!